The 2017-18 application is NOW OPEN. Please note that we require Part 1 of the application to be filled out in a Google form to help us with data collection on applications to Inquiring Minds sites. Part 2 of the application will still need to be sent directly to the Site Coordinator of the site you are applying to.
You can find the Google form here: https://goo.gl/forms/MXtMp2kv4mZ8kQP62
***** Please note the following corrections:
- Farm School will not be accepting applications for the 2017/18 school year. Please see Some words from each program page for more details
- Fort School accepts Grades 2-12 not 4-12 as indicated in the application. Please contact the site for more information *******
And the full application in either Word or PDF format.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact any Site Coordinator or to comment on this page. It is being monitored.
These ideas are important to consider :
- Each site offers programs to specific grades. Ensure that the site you apply for accepts your grade.
- Programs operate September through May. Number of weeks and dates offered is site-specific.
- Final acceptance will be based upon number of applications received. Continued acceptance to any of the programs is at the discretion of the site coordinator.
- All sites are funded differently and will have different costs. These costs are subject to change. Some sites may have scholarships or grants available for classes demonstrating high needs. Speak to the site coordinator for more information.
- Teachers must apply to be accepted. The application must be completed by the teacher applying (it may not be completed on the teachers’ behalf by another individual or group).
- Teachers who apply should be committed, thoughtful professionals who themselves are curious and creative. The teacher is the designer of the week.
- A separate application must be filled in for each class applying.
- The accepted teacher must attend each full day with the class unless prior arrangements have been made with the site coordinator.
- The site coordinator must be notified of any changes to the application once accepted. Continued acceptance is dependent upon the site coordinators approval of changes.
- A class is considered to be only the students registered in one teacher’s home room. A class typically consists of 30 students or less. Larger classes require the approval of the site coordinator.
- The teacher is accepted into the program (not a class, grade or school). In the event of changes to grade or school assignments, acceptance follows the teacher (with the approval of the site coordinator).
- A teacher or class will not be accepted into more than one site in a school year.
- The site coordinator reserves the right to withdraw any acceptance at any time.