The 2018-19 application is OPEN.
Please find a copy of the application with information on Part 2 here: 2018-19 Inquiring Minds Application
We are experiencing technical difficulties with our link to Part 1 on mobile devices (including phones and tablets). If you are on a desktop you should be able to reach the application through the this link. The link can also be found in the above document as well. On a mobile device you can copy and paste the link from the Part 1. We are working to correct this problem as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in Inquiring Minds Site Schools. If you have any site specific questions feel free to let the appropriate Site Coordinator know.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact any Site Coordinator or to comment on this page. It is being monitored.
**** Please note an update for the 2018/19 application: Fort Edmonton Park will NOT be accepting applications. Please see “Some words from each program” page for more information. ************
These ideas are important to consider :
- Each site offers programs to specific grades. Ensure that the site you apply for accepts your grade.
- Programs operate September through May. Number of weeks and dates offered is site-specific.
- Final acceptance will be based upon number of applications received. Continued acceptance to any of the programs is at the discretion of the site coordinator.
- All sites are funded differently and will have different costs. These costs are subject to change. Some sites may have scholarships or grants available for classes demonstrating high needs. Speak to the site coordinator for more information.
- Teachers must apply to be accepted. The application must be completed by the teacher applying (it may not be completed on the teachers’ behalf by another individual or group).
- Teachers who apply should be committed, thoughtful professionals who themselves are curious and creative. The teacher is the designer of the week.
- A separate application must be filled in for each class applying.
- The accepted teacher must attend each full day with the class unless prior arrangements have been made with the site coordinator.
- The site coordinator must be notified of any changes to the application once accepted. Continued acceptance is dependent upon the site coordinators approval of changes.
- A class is considered to be only the students registered in one teacher’s home room. A class typically consists of 30 students or less. Larger classes require the approval of the site coordinator.
- The teacher is accepted into the program (not a class, grade or school). In the event of changes to grade or school assignments, acceptance follows the teacher (with the approval of the site coordinator).
- A teacher or class will not be accepted into more than one site in a school year.
- The site coordinator reserves the right to withdraw any acceptance at any time.